Supplemental Education Opportunity Scholarship
Spencer Grant Vosloh
University of Louisiana at Lafayette at Louisiana Out 0f State Scholarship
Robert Cleve Wight III
Louisiana State University Texas Tigers Scholarship
Louisiana State University Tiger Alumni Legacy Scholarship
Louisiana State University Tiger Excellence Non-Resident Award
Grant Alexander Williams
American Tank and Vessel Scholarship
Maximilian Aubrey Winter
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Catholic. Basilian. Teaching Goodness, Discipline and Knowledge since 1900.
A sixth-generation Texan born and raised in San Antonio, Mr. Steen received an . cum laude from Princeton in 1971. At Princeton, he was selected as an undergraduate member of the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs from which he received an . certificate. Following his graduation from Texas Law School where he was a member of the Texas Law Review as well as Phi Delta Phi, he returned to his hometown to practice. He has been president/chairman of over ten local nonprofits including the Fiesta San Antonio Commission, San Antonio Academy Board of Trustees, San Antonio Performing Arts Association, Coliseum Advisory Board (now Community Arenas Board), and World Affairs Council of San Antonio. He is a past trustee and vice chairman of the San Antonio Community College District (now Alamo Colleges) and a past trustee of Austin College. He has served the state as a member of the Texas Commission on Economy and Efficiency in State Government, commissioner and chair of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, and commissioner of the Texas Department of Public Safety. While secretary of state, he was the state's border commerce coordinator and chaired the Border Trade Advisory Committee.
In 1910, George Washington Brackenridge again displayed his philanthropy, this time donating 500 acres (200 ha) on the Colorado River to the university. A vote by the regents to move the campus to the donated land was met with outrage, and the land has only been used for auxiliary purposes such as graduate student housing. Part of the tract was sold in the late-1990s for luxury housing, and there are controversial proposals to sell the remainder of the tract. The Brackenridge Field Laboratory was established on 82 acres (33 ha) of the land in 1967.